The COFA Annual 2013

'Entities 8 10' (2011)
  • 'Altered States, Benevolent Spirits' (2013)

• 'Disembodied Organisms' (2012)

• 'Metacarpus Entities' (2012)

• 'Entities 8 10' (2011)

• 'Cellular Cycle' (2011)

• 'Cellular Cycle' (2011)

• 'Metacarpus' (2011)

• 'Metacarpus' (2011)

• 'Metacarpus' (2011)

• 'Untitled' (2013)

• 'Untitled' (2013)

• 'Untitled' (2013)

• 'Untitled' (2013)

• 'Untitled' (2013)

• 'Untitled' (2013)

Kim Bailey
Bachelor of Art Education

'Entities 8-10' (2011)
“For most of the Mesoamerican people, there is a very fine line that separates the world of the living from the supernatural world where the dead live” ‘Entities’ revolves around ideas of memory and autobiography which can be translated into reference of the three dimensional human form. For this project I focused on aspects of my imagination, my inner psyche and dreamscape that are informed by my personal history and specifically my cultural history. The use of watercolour and cloth (silk and cotton) have been used to embody aspects of my imagination and invariable by history into a three-dimensional series of forms. My work intends to relay aspects my internal mental landscape that I am visually interested in. The end of human knowledge coinciding with the blurring of lines between reality and dreams. Through the splicing of the human figure with animals and symbols along with abstract representations of these entities to abstract people’s senses of reality ad challenge the horizons of dreams.

Read my resume